Saturday, January 06, 2007

vienna waits for you

the new year has descended upon me and i'm, well, optimistic. i havent much hopes for the new year, but well, it's gonna come and then it'll go, so i say, live for the moment, capische? :)

it's funny but i'm at a total lost for words when it comes to blogging. but i did have some thoughts today that i wanted to pen down. here goes.

you ever think that you're not an average kinda person, and the people you hang out with are really not your average joe? i'm not sure where i'm going with this, but i know i am meaning to say that i think all my friends, in some way or other, are misfits. (i mean this with no malice, no ill will. just hear me out.) going back to VJ has made me think of certain things today. i think one of the reasons why TSD became a place where friendships that will last were forged is because we were all kinda like misfits in society that found a place to fit into.) well. at least i think i am one of them misfits who found a place. i need to illustrate my point by naming some people, so i hope you wont kill me when you read this. i really mean no harm. it's just me, and my opinion. disagree if you will. :)

for example. corrie's the really smart kid who would have stuck out like a sore thumb if she was anywhere else. i think in TSD we allowed her to be simultaneously cool and smart at the same time, and not just the book worm she might have turned out to be. i love the kid you know, though she's so smart and most times i dont know what she's trying to say coz it's way over my head.

then there's rau, who has made being smart and being bimbo (for that matter, crystal, as well) at the same time a possibility.

oh then there's xijie, who, in my opinion, does whatever she wants and cant give a hoot about what others think, which is totally personality i think. i mean, old people parties? beatles, all that old school stuff, i think that's really cool and unique, and it's refreshing to see someone who would do whatever without caring what others think. i kinda wished sometimes i was like that.

and i think, if you look carefully, we're all misfits SOME WAY OR OTHER. but the beauty of all the people i've gotten to know in TSD is in that quality that makes us a misfit, makes us different, and it's a uniting quality because we're ready to accept each other's quirks, and sometimes embrace them, and possibly, even make them our own.

maybe it's not just TSD, it's everywhere else. but for me i experienced it most in TSD. something tells me i need to move on. get on with life, and stop raving about how good tSD was for me. but i cant help it. i'm a sappy emo piece of shit, and i cant help myself.

thanks to jeane reveendran i have embraced my emo quality and taken it abit too far. DANG. haha.

i recognise i may be totally wrong in certain things i have said here (or right beyond believe that you are left in disbelief). i guess my point really is i love the dynamics of friends made in VJ. i mean, it's somewhere where i feel like i can be a total misfit myself and be at ease. well, almost fully at ease. aiyoh i dont know lah. all i know is i like it, and it's familiar. not always comfortable, but i get by. :) i am contented. :) i think that's what matters.

enough of explaining myself. i dont know what else to talk about anymore.

i'm signing off.

this was ting, misfit no. XX

take the phone off the hook and disappear for awhile.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home