Thursday, June 29, 2006

the rest is still unwritten

before i begin. i freaking miss you. SIGH. did you miss me while you were looking for yourself out there?

ok now the post really begins. :)

i was in the car on the way home from dinner today when 'love in the first degree' came on the Radio on power 98. i love power 98. it rocks. anyway. i wasd listening to the lyrics and i was just totally struck by the quirky lyrics of the song, and the analogy that was used. sample this:

'only you can set me free,
coz i'm guilty,
guilty as a girl can be.
come on baby cant you see,
i stand accused
of love in the first degree.'

the point is, WHERE do people find such lyrics? how in the world do these song writers come up with stuff like that? it's just quirky and interesting. i'm not saying it's like, very nice or anything, i'm just in awe of the way the song analogy went.

i mean, i could never write something like that!

and so i begin. i begin to think of all the other interesting song lyrics i've heard, and i realise, that nowadays, people dont write songs like that anymore. i mean, no one writes:

'relight my fire
your love is my only desire'
-Take That, Relight My Fire

and stuff like:

'I was dying inside to hold you,
I couldnt belive what i felt for you.
Dying inside, i was dying inside,
But i couldnt bring myself to touch you.'

you know, funky shit like that. what we get now is just so weird. talk of:

'how could this happen to me,
i made my mistakes,
got nowhere to run,
Life goes on as i'm fading away.
i'm sick of this life,
i just want to scream.
How could this happen to me?'

(could someone please tell Simple Plan that it happened because they can't write decent lyrics?)

please dont get me started on the other simple plan songs. MY GOSH. how lame can they get.

ok the point is. lyrics arent the same anymore. they've become unintelligent, direct and so conventional that only an idiot wouldnt understand what you're singing. it's just, sad. that music's progression is going in that direction. i mean, come on, write something better than that! another one of those dumb lyrics, but i like the song anyway, is james blunt:

'you're beautiful
you're beautiful
you're beautiful, it's true.'

kinda like, if i dont know what else to sing, i'll just repeat 2 words. then i have a decent chorus, because 'you're beautiful' does not amount to a chorus. another one of those repeat lyric songs:

'well, do ya? do ya do ya wanna?
well do ya? do ya do ya wanna? wanna go?
where i've never let you before'

i like that song. :) but in anycase, you catch my drift? that poets are all dead, or stuck in the stuffy corner of book store. good lyrics come once in a while. and when they do, they make it really big :) and they last. :)

so i made a promise to myself anyway. i'm going to write. with good ideas in my head. and have lyrics that make so much sense that it's poetic, yet easy to understand.

i feel like i've given myself an impossible task.

anyway, i'm running out of opinions. gonna go do something else now.

how does it feel to know that you never have to be alone?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home