Thursday, April 26, 2007

from the dream academy

so here i am, after writing about 2000 years of theatre history and i'm sitting in an office somewhere in henderson road, not wanting to leave, yet feeling like i should go home and not slack my life away. but i like slacking; it keeps me sane. hossan leong has to do stand up comedy to keep sane. i have to slack.

anyway.

sometimes i sit and i wonder where my theatre career will eventually go. judging from all the odd jobs i'm getting i'm worried. i probably may never get to do what i want to do if i dont say something soon and be constantly labelled as FOH manager. that is a thought, although i'll have no lack of jobs, which is rather scary and could potentially become my worse nightmare. i hope that never happens. i want to be in that box, fiddling with things. not outside it.

sometimes i look at my dreams and goals in life and wonder why i never chose a route which would be more stable. money is an issue, i mean, since when was money never an issue, but of course, i'm willing to overlook that and look at happiness as something to keep me going. music and theatre are probably the 2 most difficult industries to be in. especially in Singapore. in many ways i admire my friend Kamal, who's opened his own studio. it's a great big leap and a good one, but i look at it and say to myself, i'll never be able to go and do that. i'll never find the courage to take the leap of faith and pursue my dreams to that extent. i swear. i really respect my friend for doing what he did. i hope he's a success. i pray for that periodically.

i am going to see "nothing" this sat at the esplanade by Cake theatrical productions and i'm excited. it sounds like it'll be an experience, because Cake does have a reputation for being really avant garde and experimental in theatre. it sounds utterly exciting and i can't wait. :) i need to watch more of this kind of theatre. i think it'll be inspiration.

a shout out to my brother Nat, whose uncle just passed on. take care you. you're in our prayers.

ok. no more wax to lyrical.

sometimes love just aint enough.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home