Friday, July 27, 2007

scar tissue i wished you saw

i dont remember much of it really, i woke up and you were smiling at me, sitting by my bed. you were distracted. i wasnt sure if it was me, or the computer screen you were smiling at, but i woke up and you were there. i asked you to come closer, and you did. i took your hand in mine and held it. then you came into my bed and we kissed, not passionately, just tenderly, like 2 people in love often do. everything seemed to be right in that place and time, where we embraced, fitting onto each other comfortably like 2 pieces of an uncomplicated puzzle.

i kissed you again, and we lay there in the early morning light, happy.

i dreamt about you again last night, but this time it was too real. too painful to even look back on and wonder how it could have ended. the last i know, i woke up (for real) and you were no longer there. i wished to hell that it could have been true.

"No you don't mean nothing at all to me
But you got what it takes to set me free
Oh you could mean everything to me"
- Say it Right, Nelly Furtado

i could sing you another bridge that i made.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home