Thursday, March 20, 2008

chaffing cream

sometimes the human imagination can be weird. especially if it's your own imagination which is in question. i'm not questioning my sanity completely. But i might be going crazy without knowing it.

warning: this might be slightly graphic.

you see, i went to the pharmacy today to look for some cream to ease chaffing caused by too much walking on a hot and humid day. In case you didn't know, when you're fat and physically still quite active in such a climate as Singapore's, it is very likely you'll get abrasions from friction on parts of your body. Maybe it's characteristic to me. but ask any army boy. he'll tell you what it's like after a 40Km route march.

ANYWAY. So i went in search for this specific cream i saw in a VERY strange advert once. what i remembered was that this cream was specifically for sensitive areas of the body prone to chaffing. i remember a cartoon torso with underwear on it, and there were eyes on the buttocks which looked very unhappy. Naturally, for chaffing caused much discomfort to the poor set of buttocks. Then of course, the chaffing cream brand and stuff came on, and that was that.

So, the pharmacy. I walk to the creams and ointments section and asked the pharmacist if she knew of this specific cream which eases chaffing. She was very helpful, but when i tried describing what the cream was, she looked blankly at me and said:

"Are you looking for nappy rash cream?"

It's not her fault, i think.

See, here's why i think i might have made it up:
1. I cannot for the life of me remember what the brand of this cream was.
2. I cannot for the life of me find it ANYWHERE.
3. I cannot for the life of me believe that what i have described in the passage above was a real advertisement.
4. NO, i am not referring to nappy rash cream. i grew out of that, quite a while ago.

If you remember any advertisement that fits the description above, please tell me. I need to keep my sanity in check.

and i do NOT want to resolve to using Nappy Rash Cream.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home